I’ve started to take photos from the same spot in the house, so the garden progress can be more visible.
On the left is it after the shed removal but before the guys finished working on it. And on the right is how it was last week, when I got time to start sowing seeds etc. Click on an image for additional notes.
Amongst the remains of the shed, I found some broken roof slates. So I’ve turned thouse into markers for the areas.
I’d returned a pair of rubbish gardening gloves to the store last week and was coming back through the Sidwell St market when I spotted the plant stall had some sedum. So the refund was promptly spent and I’ve planted it in the paving cracks around the acer pot. It ought to fill the cracks, keeping other plants out, and we don’t walk much on that spot. I checked on it a few days ago and it’d started to settle in nicely.
I want to plant foxgloves and alliums together in the butterfly bed. Ironically, some rogue foxglove seeds have done the job for me. Just in the wrong bed.